Introduction

With agile development methodologies growing in popularity, knowledge of some test automation tools and techniques is a useful thing for a software tester to have in his or her bag of tricks. In this blog I plan to cover some of the tools I've found useful and hopefully help software testers with little experience in automation get up and running quickly.

In the spirit of full disclosure, I'm not a developer by trade. Some of my scripting solutions may lack the elegance of a professional programmer-- but hopefully they should be good enough to get a job done when results are your main concern. As a software tester, I started out primarily using manual techniques but found myself wanting and needing to learn about automation as "agile" and "automation" became organizational buzz words-- I suspect many other software testers have found themselves in the same boat. The good news is that (in my opinion) learning about and implementing automation can be an interesting and rewarding exercise.

Presently, I don't envision any overarching organizational structure to the blog posts; basically, I hope each post by itself might provide some information that's useful to somebody. Over time, though, I'll probably revisit certain topics; I may group these blogs together as appropriate as they accumulate.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be respectful of others (myself included!) when posting comments. Unfortunately, I may not be able to address (or even read) all comments immediately, and I reserve the right to remove comments periodically to keep clutter to a minimum ("clean" posts that aren't disrespectful or off-topic should stay on the site for at least 30 days to give others a chance to read them). If you're looking for a solution to a particular issue, you're free to post your question here, but you may have better luck posting your question on the main forum belonging to your tool's home site (links to these are available on the navigation bar on the right).